- Fraction Problems
- Convert all mixed fractions to improper fractions (this makes the job easier).
- If you are adding or subtracting fractions they must have common denominators. If they don't have common denominators you need to give them common denominators. (Common denominators aren't necessary for multiplying or dividing fractions.)
- If you are multiplying fractions just multiply top times top and bottom times bottom.
- If you are dividing fractions change the division to multiplication, replace the divisor with its reciprocal, and multiply top times top and bottom times bottom.
- Reduce the answer when possible.
Problem # 1